Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our First Baptism!



On May 26, we had our first baptism!  It was such a joy to hear the testimony, and celebrate the powerful faith of Kevin Nickel.  Kevin has been a part of our faith community from the earliest days.  In spite of a busy school, work and sport schedule, he’s a regular at our LIFE Groups and serves faithfully in the church.  He is an inspiration and encouragement to us personally.  


Prior to his baptism, Kevin shared  his story of faith with the congregation and with visiting family and friends.  He also shared his favorite passage of Scripture with us:  Philippians 3:12-14

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.


We were blessed as Kevin publicly proclaimed his faith in Jesus before family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment